Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am awesome.



I guess Chris and Lisa are sort of awesome too because they helped, but mostly I am awesome.

The turkey was excellente. It cooked in an hour and a half and was moist and tasty. Hooray! I feel like this is more proof that I am a grown up. Sometimes I feel like I need to prove it.

The picture does not show the three pies that Chris made: banana cream (the tastiest), coconut cream (the prettiest) and pumpkin (the not-so-awesome pie.Actually, all three of us worked on the pumpkin. And we followed two different recipes. This is why it was not so awesome). And he made the yams. Very impressive.

Lisa brought ingredients across state lines for the cranberry sauce and then worked on all the other dishes with us... as well as washing ten million dishes afterward. What a hero.

But mostly I am awesome because my flattened turkey fulfilled all my hopes and dreams. And there was a garnish, as you can see by the picture.

By the way, it doesn't look like much food in this picture, but it WAS.

Now I am ready for Christmas.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I like the turkey with all that parsley. It's like he's back in his natural habitat so he'll probably forgive you for eating him.

Bridget said...

You are awesome. I'm impressed.