Sunday, November 6, 2011

Daylight Savings Time kicks our trash

What a day. I don't do well with Daylight Savings Time. This one was especially bad. I suspect it was all the result of me convincing myself it was okay to stay up to 1 a.m. reading a book because really it was only 12:00 a.m. Not a good way to start a day guaranteed to mess with the girls nap times. Whatever, we survived. I'm bored of talking about Daylight Savings Time. I want to talk about what a fast reader I am. Because I am a fast reader. Super fast.

Last night at 10 p.m. I picked up a book that was 358 pages long and I finished it in 3 hours (well, two hours if you count the magic of Daylight Savings Time). That is fast, no? That's a little more than 119 pages an hour. It was a young adult novel, so I was going to count all the words on a page and compare them to an adult novel to see if there were less words, but I lost count around eighty and then I got bored. Which is kind of how I feel about writing a blog post tonight in general. I'm going to go put Sophie to bed and then go to sleep myself.

4 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

119 pages per hour? That's, like, 2 pages per minute! Whoowoo!

I heard that JFK was a really fast reader too. I think he read like 3 newspapers every morning. Maybe you will be a president some day.

(This is Bryan, in case you couldn't tell by me saying some random fact.)

Katie Lewis said...

Man, Bryan is such an identity thief. What a scoundrel.

Although, that really is some fast reading going on. Where were you to read all of my textbooks for me when I was in college?

P.S. I need to call and talk to you sometime soon about Christmas plans. Yo.

Lisa Lou said...

Um, sorry, I just have to be really anal (and I am a Lewis, so I have to throw in this fact)...
It's actually the END of daylight saving time. It starts in March and ends in November.

Also, good job reading so fast. I bet the prophet is a fast reader too.

Becky said...

Dang! You read FAST! I am way impressed!

Why don't you ever tell us what you are reading!? how about some book reviews? What did you read and did you like it?

Remember when we were a book club together....that was awesome.