Monday, November 1, 2010

NABLOPOMOMYGOODNESS!

That's right. It's November 1st. That means it's the first day of NABLOPOMO or National Blog Posting Month. This is my first blog post. Not too shabby. I invite all two people who read this blog to join me if you like.

I have a few things I know I am going to talk about, for instance, moving back in with my parents, hanging out with the inlaws without a spouse, and how good looking I have become. I figure these are good topics to hook my readers. But since Thanksgiving is coming up, I thought I should include things I am thankful for so today I would just like to tell you how grateful I am for our GPS.

Seriously, so grateful.

It's a Garmin Nuvi something-something and I love it. I love it for all the reasons you think someone would love a GPS. I love not getting lost. I love knowing what the speed limit is all the time. I love knowing to the minute when I will arrive somewhere. I love being able to see how much, or how little, difference speeding actually makes on my arrival time. Turns out, it doesn't make that much of a difference (or maybe I just don't speed fast enough).

I also love it for reasons that I would never have guessed. I love it for sometimes being the only other adult voice I hear for hours. Before he left, Chris programmed the GPS to be an Australian woman's voice so it's actually pretty annoying. But this is also good because when things get stressful in the car I find myself growing angry at this nasally, australian snob instead of my two little screaming-bloody-murder girls. She (the GPS) is a good deflector of my frustration, and it turns out she is a good example because she never loses her temper. She just takes a moment and then recalculates.

Well, that is all I have to say about my GPS. This may not be the most riveting post, but it is a post. I am beginning to think that brilliance is not nearly as important as perserverance. In fact, I think perserverance, endurance, never-giving-upness, whatever you call it, probably trumps brilliance every time. Just now I was goint to expound on this idea to how I think it relates to the different philosophies held by God and Satan, but...it's not that kind of post. This is just an I-love-my-GPS post.

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Just as long as that GPS gets you to the in-laws house, that's all I care
about!

Katie said...

That was very inspirational as I start NaBloPoMo. Because I'm feeling like I have nothing brilliant to post about and so I was having serious doubts about my ability to make it through the whole month. But now I know that as long as I persevere and just do it, it doesn't matter that it will be 30 boring posts full of a lot of poor grammar and misspellings;) Thanks Anna!

Lisa Lou said...

hooray hooray! maybe you have inspired me.

Kathy Haynie said...

All two readers...hahahaha...I love your blog.

Bridget said...

I look forward to hearing about all these things!

Katie Lewis said...

I giggled all through this post.

Katie Lewis said...

Also...

A. I wrote about you just now.
B. I am so glad you are posting again.
C. I miss you mucho grande with melted cheese on top.
D. I am so excited to see you at Christmas.
E. I just finished the second part of your present the other day and it is so cool that I want to steal it and keep it for myself.
F. Now you're excited to see me at Christmas too, right?

Annalisa said...

Anna! I just found your blog from your gmail chat status. I hope you don't mind if I become your new blog stalker. I often intend to comment on people's blogs, but usually just end up lurking from google reader. This may be all you ever get from me. You write about your GPS more fondly than I did about mine. http://stinklebert.blogspot.com/2009/08/sal.html