Thursday, November 1, 2012

Making my husband cry

This is an honest-to-goodness picture of Chris crying.  Definitely not just some random photo of a guy on the interweb. 


Chris, my husband, doesn't cry that much. He's actually a pretty expressive guy, but for whatever reason I have only seen him cry once in my life, and it was more like his eyes looked damp than actual tears. This happened when I said I would marry him, so that's kind of an intense, once-in-a-lifetime-occurence anyway (probably the best moment of his existence. probably anyone's existence.)  Other than that, I've never seen him cry. Chris Lewis = not a crier.

So I was pretty intrigued when a couple months ago and said he'd been crying in the car on the way home from work. Apparently he'd been listening to a book on tape that had hit him right in the feels. This was startling. He then told me that lately he'd been tearing up a lot lately. A LOT. I asked him if I could maybe make him cry right then. He said...I forget what he said (it was a couple months ago), but I decided to try with my good friends Google and Youtube. And yes, I made him cry. I didn't get any sobs. In fact I didn't get a long trail of tears. In fact his eyes only got a little shiny and he wiped his hand over then and he said yeah, I got him. It was a lot of fun. I don't think I spend enough time making people cry.

So here are some of the videos I remember showing him. It took me awhile to identify what made him cry. For example, this video made me get teary,but not him.


But then this one got him--

   


 And then once I finally got him with this one, I think it became really clear what makes him cry.


(I first got him with this next video, but he said that one wasn't fair because it makes everyone cry.)


So these are the ones I remember showing him. If you think you know of any that would make him cry feel free to let me know and I will try to take a real picture of him crying for the blog. It's what blogs are for.



13 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Seriously. You are hilarious. I want to try and make Dusty cry now.

Lisa Lou said...

yeah, that embrace life one makes Mark and I both cry. We're actually big criers. So I have to be careful with things that are too emotional. There was a cute little video (I saw it on KSL) of a little girl who was so excited to go to Disneyland. I seriously BAWLED. (I was also pregnant...)

Tera said...

I admit it. You got me. I cried. Thanks a lot. I'm excited to follow your blog throughout the month!

Austin Smith said...

Reminds me of this story about "The Saddest Movie in the World."

alison said...

i cry real easy. and i read this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMlIM9zLio when i want to cry A LOT.

alison said...

and by read i meant i watch that haha

Katie said...

Ha! The Mothers Day Olympic commercial got me EVERY time this summer. I love this post, it really makes me miss you.

Bryan Lewis said...

this make me cry every time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQuR8LVKhUE&feature=related

Katie Lewis said...

First of all, whoa! Who are all these people reading and commenting on your blog and stuff?! I don't even know some of them. Total invasion of my privacy.

Second of all:

"I don't think I spend enough time making people cry."

I talk to you on the phone at least every other day. Did you think I couldn't hear what's going on in the background? Yeah right, Anna. Yeah right.

Katie Lewis said...

P.S. Probably this will make him cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Bridget said...

Oooh, these are good ones. I love the Embrace Life video. I tear up every time.

Unknown said...

I cried, but I didn't get Scott to. Ironically, put a cranky pouting 10 year-old on his lap and and have her tell him that she loves him, and then he tears up. ;-)

Jami Jensen said...

I cried! You got me! And I love that you did this ... makes me laugh!