Monday, November 10, 2014

Men's Fashion

Men's fashion is incredibly interesting to me. I wish women's fashion were interesting to me, that would be more helpful, but unfortunately women's fashion is mostly confusing. There seem to be infinite variations all dependent on body type, skin tone, and the way you tie your scarf. It is so frustrating to see an outfit that is, in and of itself beautiful, but look's like a disaster on a body it was not designed for.

And modesty. Oh my goodness. Looking for clothes that don't show temple garments is a bucket of cold water in the face of any woman who is trying to buy nice clothes. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying it makes shopping much less fun.

Men's fashion, on the other hand is a joy. If you buy a nice sweater in the right size, it will probably look good on most men that size. Men's fashion is logical.

Also, men's fashion is more subtle. There are less busy prints, less loud accessorizes, less "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!" to men's fine style. This is a relief to me, though perhaps men feel a little stifled.
Stay stifled men.

So anyway, this is why I find sometimes find myself browsing www.realmenrealstyle.com or www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice It is a little soothing to me. It makes me feel that for half the population at least, there are easy and clear ways to dress well.

You might wonder if Chris benefits from this---no, not at all. The sad truth is that Chris has always a better sense of fashion than I do and prefers to pick out his own stuff. However, if I ever have a son, he will dress well. Probably because Chris will pick out his clothes.

No comments: