Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Too Many Deals - a guest post by Chris

I don't know if Anna is still doing the "Too Many" title series. Honestly, I don't even know if it was intentional. We have been humming the theme song for the last weeks, so it could have been sub-conscious.

But I am doing it consciously to try and keep some kind of continuity among these posts. I told Anna that I would write her Blog post tonight if she would read to the girls. Gracie wanted some hide-and-seek flap book that I have read about three-dozen times, and I didn't want to walk all the way up the stairs to look at Maisy the Mouse look for her friends again. (I really don't mind reading to the girls every night, just some nights are rough and it is nice to have a break and eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's[blueberry graham greek yogurt, or cookie dough? hoo hoo!] without sharing instead.)

That is all I really had. Somehow I thought that explaining the deal would take up more space than a paragraph. Does this count as a legitimate blog post? It is the blog post equivalent of reading a shampoo bottle blurb. It has real sentences, but no value or information. I am sorry to be the author of such disappointment. I assume if you are reading this, you wanted to hear Anna talk about some experience or thought that impressed her, and instead you just learned that I was lazy tonight and didn't want to leave the Ipad and go upstairs when Jojo finished brushing her teeth (alone because she was in time-out for "accidentally" slamming Gracie's fingers in the toothpaste/hair band/spare change/barrette/q-tip drawer. Four times.)

I hope my next post next November is more substantial.

3 comments:

Greg Lewis said...

Ha! That brought back SO many memories!! Don't know if you remember "Brownie and the Green Elf"....I think Lisa and you wanted that ALL the time, and I did not like the story or the pictures. It happened to "disappear" one night, never to be seen again......
Love
Dad

Bryan Lewis said...

I find myself humming too many cooks many times throughout the day

Kathy Haynie said...

Sounds like Gracie has too many times of being tricked into getting her fingers slammed by Gracie.

And yes, I was a little disappointed. But you made up for it with the last little bit (the finger slamming). I'm so glad your girls have their daddy read to them most nights.