Saturday, November 16, 2013

Kleintieraustellung

I tell you what, the small animal show was not as charming this year as it was last year. I think it was because I actually knew there would be no rabbit races. Or maybe it was this freaky rabbit man that greeted us. 



The girls had a great time and I actually knew a lot of people who came. In fact I was baffled by the large turnout. I saw quite a few people there who I know for a FACT do not own rabbits or ducks or geese or chickens. There were quite a few of the old widows in our town there. I don't know what the draw is. Also, they did not look surprised at all to see me there, and I don't know what that means either.

Still the girls had an awesome time. There were some very pretty chickens there with brown feathers with black outlines. And there were quite a few roosters that were at least twice as big as Gracie. We were all a little scared of them. And there were a few chickens that looked like they were covered in really soft, white rabbit fur. No joke I had to look twice to make sure they weren't rabbits.

We saw no bloody eggs this year but some guy gave us these chicken trading cards so I feel that was a step up.

All in all, the girls were pretty delighted/frightened and I was bored/frightened. 

I would like to leave you with this inspirational meme I came across:







2 comments:

Greg Lewis said...

Chicken trading cards!? That sounds sooo cool!

Katie Lewis said...

That last picture makes me so happy. And that rabbit thing is freaky.