Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thank you and a confession

So first of all I would like to thank you guys for your suggestions to me. When you suggested books I went online and requested every one that I hadn't read from the library. I admit I am not really excited to have to look my librarian in the face when I pick of the snogging one. They're Germans though, so maybe they won't know what snogging means?

Also,  I like the idea of the pumpkin cookies for the Christmas sale. I also really like the fruit pizza idea for the big-end-of-the-year-fancy-cakes school party. I am going to have to think about doing an American flag on them. I'm not sure if that would make them awesome or too 'Murica here. Having an army base nearby taints the idea of American stuff here in a way that is different than in a more diverse place like Sharjah. However, I just realized that a lot of how I think non-Americans view the US comes from my mission--which was in Greece during the post 9-11 Bush years. Not the best time/place to be an American. Especially a missionary American. I may have to update my views of foreign opinions of the USA.

Anyway, here is my confession: I am sitting here, typing this wearing footie pajamas. I am one of those people who is always cold. Every so often before Chris deployed, I would tell him how cold I was going to be with him gone, so he ordered me some blue, penguin-covered pajamas. I thought they were a bit of a gag gift at first. But in the past five nights I have worn them four times. I look...ridiculous, but I am so warm. Jojo and Soapy think they are really cool. I hope that is still true in ten years because I kind of love how these feel. Maybe I will buy a Snuggie next. Here is a picture of me wearing my pajamas.


5 comments:

Becky said...

Wow those are amazing! They make you look so manly!

Katie Lewis said...

But don't you get so cold when you have to go pee?

Also, I watched HSM 1-3 in your honor a few days ago. It was excellent. Also, Bryan watched them with me and made me pause it when he left the room.

Bridget said...

Hmm, I guess I didn't consider that dynamic when I recommended flag pizza. :( Sorry.

Jaime said...

I really hope they came with that matching nightcap, too. :) Awesome!

Katie Lewis said...

P.S. Marriage tip: You should probably shave your beard before Chris gets home. Not a sermon, just a thought.